Alakh Publication is a part of Alakh Family.
Alakh Publication is a platform for Decentralized Publishing. It is powered by WordPress.
Decentralized Publishing Process
In traditional publication, a minimum of 1000 copies printed at one place and then reaching to the customer. Now in Distributed Publishing, when reader/customer give order to the book then after book will be printed at nearby printing vendor and delivered to that customer. The process of whole book publishing is divided in five parts as per following:
- Content writing
- Book cover & Page layout designing
- Printing & binding
Benefits to Author
- Zero initial investment
- Get 20% as royalty for each book sale
- Easy to upgrade book edition
Benefits to Reader
- Every time get the latest edition
- Get a printable file and online file
- Save 20% on MRP
How payment divided with all 5 stakeholders?
Let us understand this whole process of book publishing with an example. Assume a book with an MRP of ₹ 200. The author has written the book, and the designer has prepared a print-ready file. Now, A reader has ordered that hardcopy of that book from Ahmedabad. Now, Alakh Publication will give printing order to its vendor who is nearby to that customer. The printer will print and bind that book. Now, through the preferred mode of transportation, the reader will get that book. Now, let’s understand how the MRP of ₹200 will be distributed among all the five stakeholders.
- Book author will get ₹40 (20% of 200 is 40)
- Book editor cum designer will get ₹40
- Book printer will get ₹40
- Book distributing team will get ₹40
- The marketing team will get ₹40